Saturday, August 8, 2015

Two Days in a Row

Don't get used to it - maybe tomorrow, but on Monday I enter the NON-VERIZON ZONE. Meaning I will not pay their exorbitant rates for 'out of country' roaming. It's only Canada - but I ranted on this before.
I neglected to show you the view out my front window at my Haines campsite, so here...
It was probably because Verizon was being wonkie - there I go again.
Packed up this morning and went up the road to the Chilkoot Lake in hopes of seeing a momma Brown Bear and her two cubs. Pretty lake, but no bears on the way up, but I saw the fish keeper out on the weir counting fish and decided that would be fun - counting fish swimming thru a chute.
The warden was gone but...
Momma and her two cubs had arrived for brunch
The one has a white collar flash
Coming, Momma
Momma used this rock for a table for her lunch
Ignore those humans and eat!!
The bigger one seemed to let the small one eat more
But all good things end sometime and it was off to the ferry for the ride to Skagway
Goodbye Haines

Hello Skagway
Notice any difference? I mean besides the two cruise ships I was told wouldn't be there?
I'll leave you tonight with one of the three waterfalls we past on the way to Skagway.
Roaming around tomorrow. I've done my laundry, cleaned the dirt out of the coach. Don't really want to clean the outside as I'll be heading into the distructo roads of the Canadian bush, and it's not that dirty anyway.
Later










No comments:

Post a Comment