Saturday, August 22, 2015

Back in the US-Back in the US-Back in the US_SA

Beatles song!
As you can guess, traveling in areas that have no radio reception I have gone through my iTunes on my phone at least 6 times from front to back - I need new songs before I take off again!!!
When last I posted I was leaving the States - Alaska that is from Skagway and entered the no Verizon Zone of Canada and I traveled down the Cassiar Highway and on to the Border Crossing at Osoyoos. Since then it has been sort of disappointing in so far as I felt I was re-enacting a modern day "Charge of the Light Brigade" with Fires to the right of me, Fires to the left of me as I traveled down the Columbia River valley. The fires have been horrible for all.
Fires near Chelan Washington. For the 'bright eyes in the crowd those two black dots aren't dust spots but two birds.
I seem to have a predilection for choosing spots to stop that have either no cell reception or slow wifi, as the case is here. I will ave to apply photos in another blog early next week as this is toooooo slow. I will be gathering with family to end the trip as I began in Northern California and that will allow some time to upload some photos and fill in some of the blank spots of the trip.
I'll stop here in Susanville, CA with a photo from my friend John of me on the ferry out of Homer AK - new id photo!!??
Whale watching in Alaska
Good Times, indeed!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment