Monday, August 24, 2015

Lassen Volcanic National Park

Here is another of our National Parks that deserves our attention and support. Located in North Central California it is built around Mt Lassen volcano that last erupted in the early 1900, bringing to the attention of the country that we did indeed have volcanic area within our borders. Congress quickly - at least for Congress - made this one of our earliest National Parks.
A family out on Lake Manzanita in the North of the Park. The fires of the Northwest provide the haze.
Had to get the IR camera out when visiting the Bumpass Hell sulfur pits.
My Lassen reflected in Helen Lake. 
The skys were clearing a bit - but I did bump up the blue a bit.
The path climbs to the right and is only 2 miles - but a 2000' change.
As I was awaiting sunset, this young fella runs in front of me, jumps on this very large log and runs all the way to the end. Definitely worth a shot.
I have some deer shots that I am still working on and maybe later I put them up.





No comments:

Post a Comment