Thursday, July 16, 2015

You asked for Wildlife

The Northwest and the Yukon are renowned for their large wild animals - elk, caribou, moose, etc.- and I have been excited every time I see a roadside marker or read in the Milepost that the coming section of road will have creatures. Here is a shot of the first wild animal I was able to photograph at Liard Hot Springs.
Yep - I have not seen any large moose, elk or caribou. I did see an adolescent moose the other day, but here is a bison that lives along the Highway with the rest of its herd.
Just a little thing
I don't really count them as 'large' wildlife as they live on the Highway and they are like fixtures in the place. Maybe I'll see some in the wilds of Alaska - if Sarah hasn't chased them all to Russia.
I am in Dawson and have free wifi for 2 hours so this is it and I checked the emails and bank account. I'll be here a couple of days and will send more before I leave.
Here are some photos on the way North in the Yukon:
There has been a few misty mornings
Along the Yukon River
And here in Dawson:

I'll get out some more tomorrow and see the other three blocks of Dawson and come up with that iconic shot. Here is the side paddle steamer that takes folks for a ride.
That other boat in the bg is the ferry that I will take Sunday to drive the road to the US. 





No comments:

Post a Comment