Sunday, July 26, 2015

Happy Laundry Day

I am in Seward AK on a rainy Sunday, so what better way to start the day - after breakfast- than to do ones laundry. There is one laundromat 'The Suds and Swirl' that is clean and has huge machines. I'm told you meet everyone in Seward here that doesn't have a washer.
Yesterday I went on the Tour boat into the Kenai National Park on the Glacier Express run by Major Marine Tours. Highly Recommended. They travel to the same spots others do but they have a Park Ranger aboard to do the descriptions and history of the Park. Plus they have an all you can eat buffet of Prime Rib and Salmon with all the trimmings. The others were a box lunch.
 We were able the see some humpback whales, dolphins and sea lions plus lots of bird life like puffins.
(I wrote this on my iPhone and I couldn't get it to accept photos from anywhere, so now I will finish with some catch-up photos.)
Here are two Denali pix I had time to work on a bit:
Always look in your rear view mirror!!
I know these both look fake, but it's just the compression of the lens.
I was lucky to spot the turnout for the lake, they don't like to tell you where scenic views are when you get to them.
Verizon in Seward Sucks!!! It has taken me almost 20 minutes to upload each of these 1.2mg photos.
I will try to see if it is better over in Homer tomorrow night.
Stay well


No comments:

Post a Comment