Saturday, July 4, 2015

Twice in One Day

Don't get use to it. I'll be turning off my cell phone while in Canada and buying a chip from a local telecom to put into my iPad to be used for email, apps, and Face Time as well as a hotspot for the computer here - and at a much better rate of $10/100MB.
Since I had time - waiting for cooler (It is all relative) temps and the fireworks tonight - I thought it would be nice to show you a map of the journey so far.
Leg One was from home in Oxnard California to Truckee, CA to drop my great nephew Ethan off at his parents.
The times are if you were to drive it straight through, eh!
I stayed with family for over a week, and that was fun being around the folks I so seldom get a chance to see, but I felt it time to move on, before I was asked to.
The second part is from the Truckee area, joining back to US395 and going all the way to the Canadian border. That last bit I will do tomorrow when I leave here in Spokane.
It has been a hot trip through the high deserts of Northern California, Oregon and past the Columbia River Basin in Washington. I know I would have stopped a few more times, but I was melting.
More of the trip to come and I'll do another map when I cross into the States again, I mean Alaska.

No comments:

Post a Comment