Thursday, July 23, 2015

Denali

Today I got up early and headed South the try and catch the old girl before the clouds all surrounded her. I got the the North Viewpoint and though it was pretty - nothing really. Now the North and the South viewpoints are both south of the main park entrance so it was a bit confusing, bit off I slepped to the south. I could see Denali peeking through but I got stuck in yet another road construction delay.
Okay, not to milk it, I arrived at the South Viewpoint and the clouds were so-so, but I think you can get the idea.
That's the old girl in the center. At first I thought it was a cloud as it was so much higher than the other mountains.
Above the clouds
Just as I was about to leave, feeling pretty good, a lady said the the gathering of people, "You must take the trail. You'll see the river." The river aspect didn't do much for me, but another vantage point did, so up I climbed and I am happy I did.
There are a few more shots of Denali that I want to work on a bit, but this gives you the idea of the mountain. A pretty good day, in my opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment