Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Good Morning from Homer, AK

Met up with my friends John and Heather from LA yesterday and will hang out with them until the weekend with some exploring of this area and then off to fish the Kenai River for fish. I hear there are a few swimming around.
This wifi is a little better so let me just catch up on a couple of shots from Seward of the other day. As I said, it was a great stay. The town was surprisingly eclectic and with good restaurants and activities I decided to stay three nights.
Holgate Glacier
A little runoff. If you look carefully at the larger 'waterfall' you'll notice some 'chunks' of ice falling away. Just caught the end of a fall off.
The color is correct. This is the top edge of the ice flow. The white light is absorbed by the ice and just the blue part of the spectrum is reflected. Cool!
'Lone Pine' to me anyway. Part of the island in the Kenai Nat'l Park
Humpback fluking or is that a fluking humpback?
This is a waterfall on the edge of Seward and I thought the spray on the lens added a certain something. Yah - I know - water!!
Alright - up wind
As I said I'm in Homer now and am still processing the shots of yesterday and will try to post them before I meet up with John and Heather.
Later






No comments:

Post a Comment