Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Yesterday's travel - Seward to Homer

I'm taking the opportunity to really catch up here in Homer. Tonight I'll go to a non-power campsite, and being overcast at the moment, here you go.
Seward around 11:00PM Sunday night:
After fueling up in Seward it was off to the 'more' West coast of the Kenai peninsula. Just as you make the turn west on the Seward Highway there is Turn Lake. I spotted the turnoff in time and saw a few birds - I think all where Seagulls though.
Both Seagulls?? The one on the left was annoying the one on the right.
On the drive west there was an overlook and damned if you can't see Danali from across the Bay.

Passed on through Soldatna, did some re-suppling, but since I will return on Thursday, I hold off on that until then. Here is my first view of Homer - the spit that extends into the Bay and id the main 'port' area.

Beautiful day in Homer
Here are a few quick shots of Homer Spit last evening. It's hard to say night when there isn't any until past Midnight.

Couple of end of day fishing boat activities
Dog was jumping aboard for a ride
At least his phone works - must be AT&T!!

Gathering driftwood for the evening fire
Had a very good dinner of Halibut and risotto being as how this is the Halibut capitol of the world. Good to have company at dinner.
Post again soon





No comments:

Post a Comment