Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy Fourth of July

I have stayed in the MoHo this morning - going thru the last weeks pix - and staying in the cool. I will venture forth this evening to go back to the riverfront for the fireworks. Yesterday was brutal - 105F - but I made the Riverfront Park my main destination. The Spokane River Falls are quite long and comprise at least four levels. Seems to be plenty of water, but it may be lower than normal, but to a water starved SoCal resident - it was a lot.
There is another series of falls to the left and also lower down to the right. This looks to the Pavillon and the Water Plant on the right.
Spokane is a fun place, people are friendly and were it not for the heat I may have gotten some Kettle Korn myself.
Yes they are on a bit of a slope to the left. Guess the bib overalls are a 'uniform'??

There are a few 'ghost paintings' still on the side of many downtown building, though this one also has a canvas stretched on the side.
Here is a view from a rest stop southwest of Spokane over looking  Lake Sprague.

A little further south in Oregon (I said I had time to work on photos) this was a common site as the farmer watered their fields to grow mostly hay.


And of course the odd old farm house or watermill. Don't know if this one is still working!!?

Hope you all have a save and enjoyable 4th and may no fires disrupt your evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment