Thursday, September 1, 2016

WiFi is Hard to Find

That's the way it seems while traveling in the remote areas of Canada, well that makes sense. The journey has been continuing as you would image and I'm having a good time.
This is one of the 'tasks' I set myself - Travel the length of Hwy 2
This was in Houlton, ME at the border crossing into New Brunswick Canada. I made this landmark on the 78th day of my travels on August 24th. Sorry, I didn't note the mileage at the time.
Now journeying around NB started by traveling up the West side of the Province then around the Northern section and then of course down the Eastern side to the bridge connecting NB to Prince Edward Island (another goal). Here are a few Highlights of NB:
The longest wooden bridge in the world at Waterville.
(I may have wifi - but it is slow. I think I'll just do a few photos - sorry!)
Next was Grand Falls on the St. John's River and I was able to get a shot of cable run across the falls.
Just checking out the line
I had about as much of the forest scene by then that I could take, after driving through New England and now NB, I had to get to the water. Along the Bay of Chaleurs that divides NB from Quebec just below the St Lawrence River is the heart of the Acadine "Nation" in Canada. These are descendants of the French who were displaced by the British in the 1800's. Many were moved to New Orleans, but many hid out in the unexplored areas of NB and now live here. My French is lacking these days but the people are very friendly and most speak some english. 
I happened to be in Charlo along the Bay when the Canadian Snowbirds had an airshow. Great opportunity for shots.


These two shots are interesting to me because I am 2.5 miles away from the action. Here are a couple when they came closer.
See the heat exhaust?


Great Fun
I stop here and start again with the rest of NB.

No comments:

Post a Comment