Thursday, September 15, 2016

Newfoundland - Day 100

I caught the Ferry from North Sydney NS to Port aux Basques in Newfoundland yesterday on what I would call the most calm seas I have ever been fortunate to sail upon. Beautiful day and easy trip. We arrived at 7pm local time which is 1/2 hr ahead of the Atlantic Maritimes - why? no one knows, but it sure is weird. The clouds were gathering as I drove up Trans Canadian Highway. There is only Eastbound or Westbound and therefore not much need for signage along the way. Who's to get confused? Right? Went to the first Campground that was open and many are closing for the season, yekes! I had no longer got into my site and the popout 'popped' the it started to rain - I mean pour. It rained all night and much of today, which spurred me on North (I mean East). I am now camped in Cow Head. Yup! That's right. It has a lighthouse which is hard to find and then it took me time to walk the 1.5 km to get there and by that time I was tired, so...
Here are some shots of yesterday and today.
Before I left I stayed just outside North Sydney and they have a gathering of local youngsters who play a variety of instruments for their enjoyment and that of the family and friends.
The Barn

Everyone leads on two or three songs - I didn't make it that long.
Lighthouse in North Sydney

Sister ships passing - Calm seas

Port aux Basques harbor entrance

Backing into dock; Highway heads off thru the gap

Clouds gathering - Interesting formation
Then today I made it North to Gros Morne NP and will see more later.
Southeast Hills That's a hanging valley there

East Arm Bay

Rocky Harbor

Lobster Cove LH

Family Biking

True colors of sunset

Red Sky at night...
I am sure tomorrow will bring many delights
Chio

No comments:

Post a Comment