Friday, September 16, 2016

Canada - The home of Pot Holes

I know it is a local that has terrible weather and the roads take a beating, but I miss so much along the road as I am trying to avoid them and as soon as I take my eye off the road to see what is around - WHAM! I have found a pot hole. To finish this thought - some of these holes are chasms that are so deep you could get Chinese take out from some.
Today I have completed yet another one of my goals - reaching the Northernmost place in Newfoundland. Here at L'Anse aux Meadows is that place. This is also the location of a Viking site over a thousand years ago. It is a beautiful spot.
It is also getting a bit cold and many people are putting up their load of wood for heat this winter.



Arches PP

St Anthony's Lighthouse

Fishing Boat house

Don't mean to scare you, but there is the last of Newfoundland
Heading back South tomorrow and looking in on Gros Morne again.


No comments:

Post a Comment