Saturday, July 2, 2016

Mount Rushmore

Today has been my day at Rushmore. First impressions - it's like going to the mall (parking in garages, good idea) and seeing a large screen nature movie. They get over 3 million visitors a year and this weekend is one of the busiest (lucky me!). But they have done a great job of making a large venue that doesn't look crowded. I took lots of pix, as I am want to do, and as I wait for the closing ceremony at 9PM I wanted to send these two off for everyones Fourth. I think I have finally and accidentally shot a postcard shot!!

This is the studio where the sculptor Borglum made the plaster type cast for the men to have for references as they chiseled away 250,000 tons of stone. This is an example of moving just a couple of feet in any direction and seeing a different shot. So happy I moved.
I am waiting for dark and I hope the clouds go away and give me a chance for some stars over Rushmore. Fingers crossed.
Happy 4th everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment