Saturday, July 23, 2016

Here it is Saturday

I traveled to Eau Claire to have the front wheel bearings looked into, and is true when we have a problem and go to the doctor, you can find nothing. She is purring like a true traveler. I do have to pat myself on the back a bit - who else is around, anyway - when the storm hit (I told the winds reached 90mph - that's nutz!!) the canopy over the pop-out got 'pushed around' and became uneven. Well you can't find tool rental places up here - can't find much besides trees and water :-), so how was I to find a ladder to reach the roller and try to straighten it out. I was afraid that the wind would tear it while I drove around. As I turned a corner this morning I saw a trailer sitting in front of a construction business. It was closed - sooo I pull up next to it, extended the pop-out, walked up the ramp on the trailer and rolled out canopy - success!!!Yeh!
Now I am camped at the city campground in Iron City, Michigan and using their wifi and enjoying one of the famous pasties of the area.
Let's go back and have some photos :::

Grand Marais beach - stone not sand
Gooseberry Falls

Cross Creek Falls
Split Rock Light House

This is Two Harbors, MN. A pretty little town that was having all kinds of thing going on.
Their lighthouse and museum
Harbor breakwater is good place for fishing
This is one of six HUGE locomotives build in the early '40s to haul ironore. That's a 2-8-8
Part of the car show
By the time I got to the street half of them had passed by
There are a few more, but I need to change wifi - campground's seems to be overloaded.
The annual chalk drawing festival in Two Harbors

No comments:

Post a Comment