Monday, July 18, 2016

I Won the Gas Roulette

In case you were curious. I drove into Kakabeka Falls and put 10 gallons (33 liters) in the tank. I am getting about 14+ mpg in the coach so I figured that 140 miles was more than good to get me around and over the border. Diesel was going for $1.19C/liter and for 22 gallons that's 83 liters and would cost about $76US. Now gas here is around $2.31 so that's about $51US or $24US less expensive. Then add the Foreign transaction fee .01% that will add up on my kind of trip.
So much for Econ 101.
Kakabeka Falls - what a sight. With all the rain of late - wooo!


That's a little spray on the lens from the wind and a 30sec exposure
Thunder Bay was big pot hole and few directions to get around. It took me a very long time to find the major attraction - Fort William. It is a reconstruction of the old fort from the fur hunting days. The original site was much closer to the Lake. There are about 60 reenactors there to answer questions and talk about the old days - all in character. For me that got real old real fast. Again signs are lacking here as well. Many interiors have been dressed and great displays and I have many photos but this one of the canoe shed where they were making birch bark canoes was very interesting for me. Notice the huge rolls of birch in the bg.
Can you imagine the size of the trees they were taken from. Trumpian!

No comments:

Post a Comment