Sunday, July 24, 2016

Day 45 - Last day in Ashland

I got my tires rotated while I was here and decided to also have my mail sent to me by my wonderful UPS store back home. Deciding to make sure it would get here as quickly as possible - to an area sparse on airports - I spent the extra money for overnight. While rotating the tires I was told that I might have a lose wheel bearing in the front left wheel. I have been feelings as though I was channeling Vanna White with the Wheel of Fortune clacking away for so time. A little early for that kind of thing, but with the roads I have traveled for the last two summers (remember last years Alaska trip?!) I felt I would have it checked out by Mercedes. Oops! No Mercedes dealers up here. OK - Freightliner> Check one in Eau Claire - 4 hours south of my route. Make an appointment for Friday, late morning as I was to get my package Thursday. STORM!!! No package Thursday. Waited until Friday about 11AM and got the package at ACE Hardware (the local UPS affiliate) and yes it is the place with the 'friendly hardware man". In this case women. Got to Eau Claire about 4PM and the guys there checked it out and thankfully no problems. The noise just went away. As my brother in law speculates, whatever caused it probably fell out with the rotation. Wonderful side trip.
While I waited for the package, I strolled around the downtown area of Ashland and took shots of their murals. A couple of ladies in the area has been painting them on the sides of building for the last 8 years or so. They are very 'Grandma Moses' in a way, but so very local and quite good. Here are a few. THey all commemorate people and places in the area.









  Sad to leave this nice little town

No comments:

Post a Comment