Tuesday, October 8, 2013

What a Beeautteefull Day

The rain stopped last night, finally, and I got up early to catch the sun at my first New England lighthouse at Fort Point just North of Belfast, ME (where I stayed last night. The sun was bright and it  continued to be a wonderful day traveling South until I reached Boothbay Harbor, where I'm staying tonight and tomorrow. Good thing I came this week as EVERYTHING is locking up for the winter next week. They say that Boothbay goes from 15,000 in the summer PLUS tourists to 1200 locals for the winter. The Grocery store and essential services stay open, but only two restaurants stay open and most all hotels close. Most aren't insulated, so heating is prohibitive.



There are a few good shots today. What a difference some sun makes! I spent some time in Camden, ME and had lunch in Wiscasset before heading to Boothbay. The Google thing here is soooo slow that I'll cut to a sunset shot in Boothbay Harbor.

For those of you who are vicariously wanting the menu of the day I tried (in no particular order) a Tomato Brie Bisque, Crab cakes, Smoked Duck with Pears in a Blueberry balsamic. Oh and Lobster Thermador. 
See what tomorrow brings...

No comments:

Post a Comment