Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Hendrick's Head Lighthouse

It was a wonderful day herein Mid-Coast Maine. I got up early and went toward Bath, ME and went to the Maritime Museum there. It is a fabulous collection of early American - North Eastern American- ship building and and the history from the 1600's until now. It was a great deal of relevance as it is next door to the Bath Iron Works. Haven't heard of them? Neither had I bur they are the sole surviving shipbuilders from the tradition started back when. They are a General Dynamics company now and they are building a new state of the art ship for the Navy that looks like a Stealth ship. Amazing!! I'll share a picture later.
Tonight I want to share a sunset shot of Hendrick's Head Light. I got there a little while before the sun went done, checked my apple app and discovered that I could get a shot with the sun setting right behind the light. Problem was, the spot was on someone's land. That's where Gene comes in. He was outside putting varnish on an old rocking chair and I started talking with him. You want to go there? Okay, come on, I'll take you there. The people have already left for the winter.
Okay, you tell me if it was worth it. (By the way - I know some of you do stop by, but no one every leaves a comment. Say something. It keeps the zookeeper happy.)


The light is always a solid red, doesn't flash. Like all the lights on the coast, they are no longer operated but are just maintained by the Coast Guard.

Beautiful Night!!
For you food groupies - Diet!!! Me - I had a Duck breast with Cherries and a very nice Chilean Pinot Noir. And no dessert.
Travel tomorrow toward Portland and more lighthouses and I have got to get my IR camera out and do some shots with it.
Be Happy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment