Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Big Apple

Still trying to find that 'Big Apple'!
Went for a walk into Grand Central Park this AM after leaving Kailey to finish some work on her papers for class. Watched a who;e lot of people trying to kill themselves running around the lake. I mean some jog around like its a 'walk in the park'(sorry, couldn't not say that!) and other were making the circuit as though there was a gun to their heads to keep running. There was one little old guy (I know I have to now be careful how I use this descriptor) shuffling around, heaving for breath. I figure that he will be flat on his face before long. I take a rest on a bench to watch the parade go by and start to walk toward the Met to see some art. Damn, if this same little guy doesn't pass me again going around the lake. Just shows you that you can't rule anyone out.
Yes, this is in Central Park! The leaves are just beginning to change here, and there are quiet places in the park away from everyone.
There was the Columbus Day Parade (But I thought it would be tomorrow) so I missed - avoided - this but I found the Whitney Museum on Madison. Since I went to Art School in the 60's how could I miss a collection of Robert Indiana's work. If you don't know who this Pop Art Guru is (yes, he's still going strong at 87) then maybe this will kick a few brain cells back into form. (They wouldn't allow photos in the gallery, but this was in the main Lobby.)
Un-color corrected/edited.
Off to dinner. Kailey plans her days around food. In NYC - who can blame her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment