Friday, October 11, 2013

Last Days of Maine

Did you miss my notes for yesterday? Oh, that's right I'm writing this for myself so I can look back on this in the future to see what I was doing.
Anyway, yesterday I went to see a couple the last of the lighthouses on the Maine coast. Cape Elizabeth outside Portland

and Cape Neddick near the New Hampshire border.

Today I left the coast and went into the interior to find a couple of covered bridges and try to find some colored leaves. Most of the leaves have come and gone, but I did find a couple of nice colors in the White Mountain National Forest along the New Hampshire border.

Here's a Covered Bridge outside Bethel, ME.
It has been a wonderful journey around the coast and interior of Maine. Tomorrow I leave and go to see Kailey in NYC. She just sent me a reservation for dinner at a place called Ouest on Broadway. I'm sure I'll be ready after the train ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment