Saturday, October 5, 2013

Beginning of the trip

Well yesterday I began with a very crowded flight to NYC aboard United. I arrived in time to catch a frantic Hindu taxi driver who whisked me to my Hilton in downtown Manhattan. Kailey came down to join me for a late snack, as the meal selection aboard was dismal and there were no food stalls at United worth spending money on. I was STARVING. Found a little pub close by the hotel where I was able to catch the last inning of the Dodger lose to Atlanta. On to LA for them and a tied series at one each.
I got up this morning early and walked the streets of the city as the sun came up. There are so many places to watch this happening, but as I wanted to walk, I just went over to Park and then Fifth and walked to 33rd and over to Penn Station for the train to Boston.


Got there early and decided to take the earlier train to give me more time to walk about Boston as I move from Back Bay station to North Station to catch my last train to Portland Maine later this afternoon.
This is my parting shot of NYC. Our "Education Nation". I wonder - is the Lion protecting our homeless kid as he sleeps outside the Library, or is it keeping him from going inside and using the Library??


I decided to make this entry aboard the Amtrak as we head to Boston. Free WiFi and everyone else got the window seats along the oceanside.
The leaves are beginning to change here so I am hopefully that I am in time to see the full beauty of the Autumn colors in Maine.
More later after Boston

No comments:

Post a Comment