Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Oh Canada!!


I crossed into Canada on the 5th of August at Sault Ste Marie. What a pretty city, especially compared to its American cohort. Found a GREAT grocery store here - Pino's - and Italian flavored store with fabulous fruits and vegetables. It is always difficult to get them here in the North, though the Summer is a boon time for this here.
There are lots of Campgrounds here, though mostly they are filled with summer long visitors and few transient campers like myself, but I do find them with 'Allstays' app.
Riverside Campsite east of Sault Ste Marie

View from Fort St Joseph This was the site of the British forces that captured Mackinac Island fort as the 1812 war began
Chutes Falls along Highway 17

One thing that Canada has is trees and lots of them. Last night I stayed in Grundy Lakes Provincial Park, just North of Toronto and I just made it for a beautiful sunset.
Loved the campfire smoke that floated over the lake.
I am supposed to meet up with friends to shoot a meteor shower at Torrence Barrens Dark Sky Preserve. Should be fun. Until then I'll just be resting and catching up on emails and enjoying the lakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment