Saturday, June 11, 2016

Salmon Idaho - Rest Stop

I know - after four days and I am already doing a rest stop!! It's not just because I'm old and tired, well a little of the later, but after talking with fellow travelers at Crater's of the Moon National Monument, I have decided to skip Grand Tetons and Yellowstone for now. At least until everyone goes away. Besides, with people stealing baby moose, walking on hot springs off the trail and someone falling into one??? I think I'll just give it a pass. Fortunately I have been there before, but...
Anyway, I'm heading straight North to Glacier NP and hope to catch a break. It is also good to have taken a moment to process the photos so far and catch up on this blog.  I discovered I have to clean my sensor after finding three huge spots (had to remove same from all the posted photos, phew!!). So with this last post of the week I'll do that and then get off my butt for awhile.
Salmon Idaho is a good sized town along the banks of the Salmon River. Part of my decision to stop was there is a micro brewery here - Bertram's Brewery. Not bad, hell I might just go back later.
Checked out the Farmer's Market, and though small, it did have some good veges though fruit is not yet available.


This is an 'in-camera' panorama on my Sony a7II, US93 heading North to the Snake River gorge.

This is a 9 shot (3 images with 3 exposures [HDR]) stitched together in Lightroom. Good comparison.

Main Street in Salmon
Fountain in town to the, what else, Salmon

Sign in a local shop window caught my eye. Damn, I'll have to miss it.
I'm told it is a gathering of local cowboy to drink beer, ride a mechanical bull, drink beer, talk bull, drink beer, and enjoy those Rocky Mountain Oysters, and of course drink more beer. I wait for some East coast oysters

No comments:

Post a Comment