Sunday, June 19, 2016

Ketchup

I was Glacier National Park for a week and all I can say is "Whoa!" If you love the forest, the fauna and the flora, you can't beat this place. Oh, I know - Yellowstone, Teton, Most of Utah, Arcadia - well we are so blessed with beautiful wilderness that has been preserved for our enjoyment and of course the protection of its inhabitants. I got to Glacier and the Going to the Sun road was closed (they opened it as I left) and the weather was mostly cold and wet. I got this old body out and hiked - more than I had in years - but I ran out of open shorter hikes. Missed many backwoods places that a hardier soul would have no problems with, but I enjoyed what I could reach. I stayed in Fish Creek on the West side to start and then moved to the East (a little dryer) and stayed at first Two Medicine campground and the moved up to Many Glacier. I skipped St Mary for maybe another time.
Let me just show you some shots and you'll see a bit of these areas and hopefully how beautiful they are.
Swiftcurrent Dam on leaving

Swiftcurrent Lake at Many Glacier

Lake Josephine at Many Glacier

Stream into Lake Swiftcurrent

Lake Sherburne at Many Glacier




No comments:

Post a Comment