Sunday, June 12, 2016

Day #6: The National Bison Range

Into Montana and heading North. Stopped off at the Bison Preserve and I am saddened to say I have 'preserved' my perfect record of NOT seeing any of the large beasts. Thank goodness for the antelope and deer, for the elk and bison were having a party somewhere else. Beautiful day though driving up the Flathead River Valley and now I'm staying the night on Lake Flathead at Big Arm State Park. Bought the Season Pass for the Montana State Parks and should be able to recoup the cost with just 3 more stays - easy.
On to Glacier NP as early as I can get going. Campsites are first come first served in the NP. Wish me luck!!




Early in the season and the Pranghorn are still shedding their winter coats, with the help of many flies.
Beauty Summer!!! Everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment