Monday, June 27, 2016

A Close Encounter in Wyoming

It's been many years since a young Stephen Spielberg took us to the middle of Wyoming to talk with aliens. Sorry guys the aliens were not there or hiding from me.
This is a sacred area for the several Indians tribes that still visit the site though they have to wade through the thousands of tourists. To me it was a cool place.



But then I got to the Ranger's Talk that evening and it was about star gazing - cool. This is not the darkest spot in the country but it is very dark and the moon though not 'new' it didn't rise until midnight. Being a klutz, I decided to not walk out into the prairie dog town in the dark and fall into a hole, so I stayed on to a flat area, only to discover today that there were power lines in the foreground, for which I apologize. But hey - the stars were awesome.


I wish you a good night. On to Deadwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment