Saturday, June 11, 2016

Continuing East

This is a catch up day. 
Last shot was of Donner Lake in California. 
I then moved on down into the Nevada desert on the I80 and headed East. I dislike the Interstate for my travels, though it is a great way to travel in this country for most people who just want to get from point a to b, because I must keep up with traffic 70-80MPH and miss so much. 
Stopped in Winnemucca for a leg stretch, they are more a Chamber of Commerce than Tourist info. Sad really. Other countries realize how important this is. But then again, what would you expect in Winnemucca, NV? (In fact, spell check for Google never heard of it!)
Stayed the night at a Rest Stop and took this as I awoke. I80 runs along side of the California Trail that was used by more than a quarter of a million settlers, including the Donner party, on their way to the land of milk and honey. Imagine traveling this land, mostly by foot, in a covered wagon. This would be a beautiful way to start the day, before the sun dried you out and the natives got restless.

No comments:

Post a Comment