Saturday, June 11, 2016

Crater's of the Moon National Monument, Idaho

When planning my trip, I do upon occasion!, I thought going here on the way to Grand Teton's NP would be a good idea. I didn't have preconceptions about the place other than the fact it was a desolate moon scape.
Arriving from Twin Falls late in the afternoon (after loosing an hour to Mountain Time) I was happy to find most sites open. (Good I did come now, as they will close the camping area in July for the rest of the season to redo the sites and the roads.)
I did go to the Ranger's talk in the evening and did try my hand at star shots.
A bit of a moon lights the tree. I believe that is Sirius in Canis Major. Right?
Then I tried a little light painting with my head lamp. I have a very strong led light, but it just blew it up.

Spent the morning driving the loop trail. I'll just post the pictures and let you see it as well.







It is desolate. but there are plenty of beautiful views and sights.
My advice - go if you are anywhere near.

No comments:

Post a Comment