Thursday, September 4, 2014

What? Another day on Holiday??!

Some days you wake up and say to yourself, "Where do I need to go today?" Then you finish the thought with "In Paris!!" What a task, I have to tell you. Decisions right and left. All the time in the world. Where to go, what to do.
Great way to wake up! Paris laid out before you and after eight days of figuring this place out (haha) I have an other seven to just poke around and take shots. Tomorrow I go to Versailles.
Today was the Pantheon and a late entry to Notre Dame. I got there at about 3:30 and was inside in less then fifteen minutes. When I first got here, I went down to the Cathedral and the line was doubled back on itself three times and about an hour and a half to get to the door. I know I should have been excited to be inside and seeing the Cathedral of Paris from all those great books and movies, seeing the great glass windows and the glory and the majesty of the "Church". There was no line to hamper my time looking around, but I felt very under whelmed. I think Chartres was more impressive. Maybe it was the overcast day that prevented the sun from shining through those windows. That's it.
Came outside and almost froze, the temperature had dropped and again it looks like rain. It must be the season. Hoping Versailles will have a little sun tomorrow.

Pantheon

Notre Dame
I don't like my results from here as I had to shoot with a very hi ISO and no tripod. Have to work on them later.
Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment