Thursday, August 21, 2014

SAS Finished, France Begins

I can't believe that I have been without internet service for almost a month. The voyage was wonderful and I would recommend it for anyone wishing to drop off the grid for the length of the trip. Just bitching. When you believe that connectivity was 'state of the art' and you discover that two tin cans and a string is faster and uninterrupted.
We landed in Southampton this morning and after we cleared customs I was off to the railway for the short ride to Portsmouth and the Brittany ferry to Cherbourg. I am using their wifi and so far so good. Just a quick note to let you all know that I am alive and moving on to Europe for stage two of my expedition. I am hopeful that I'll be able to post much more frequently ( but that won't take much will it?)
I'll be staying tonight in Cherbourg and then off tomorrow to Mont St Michal.
More sooner!

I got to my hotel in Mont St Michal tonight and found I could upload a photo as though I was home. This is from Gdansk - Neptune's Fountain in the centrl old city.
Late.

No comments:

Post a Comment