Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Cafe Gourmand

Here I sit by the computer (I find it easier to reach that way) to write you of today's adventures. It started off by not starting off! I awoke to a downpour and rethought my schedule for the day. I need/wanted to rid myself of some weight after the shipboard life and went in search of a packing and shipping company. Still haven't found one, but DHL was the winner of sorts. I use UPS as my receiving address at home and they have seemingly abandoned Paris. The post office could but I just couldn't bring myself to use them and for the cost that FedEx wanted I could have just tossed the stuff away and bought new when I got back and still saved money. Well the girls at DHL were most helpful and with a few laughs along the way, the box is leaving France tonight and will arrive back home on Friday.
Didn't really take many shots today what with walking about in my box quest, but here are a couple from yesterday's marathon.
The Fountain near the Sorbonne
HDR has a weird time with water. It looks like ice flows.

The Fountain at The Luxembourg Palace with little sailboats

I am starting to like the 'panorama' function of the camera. See, it was sort of rainy.


The Eiffel from the Seine. Love the clouds. 

Of course, I got to the Eiffel

As to the 'Cafe Gourmand" that started this blog. I don't drink coffee at home but I will have an espresso upon occasion. I discovered this treat the other day and it makes a perfect little 'picker-upper' in the afternoon. It is a demitasse of cafe with three or four (depending on the restaurant) mini desserts. They can be ornate little tartes or a simple fruit cups and glace. What ever they are, it is a great way to take a rest and refresh.
Bon Soir, mes Amis 




No comments:

Post a Comment