Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Paris in the rain

Morning Sports fans, Here I am in Paris, checked into my little studio for the next 16 days and though I arrived in the afternoon and it started to rain - that farmer's rain, not hard just drizzly and prolonged - I wanted to get a few things for breakfast plus a little wine for the place. Check! the area around the place is full of little shops and stores and I will explore it more thoroughly in the coming days. I caught up on my emails and blog, as you can see, and then said 'This is stupid!' Sitting around and you're in Paris!!
Out the door, turn left and follow Rue du Clery for two block, turn left on Rue du Louvre and before you know it you are passing the yes - the Louvre and there is the Seine. On the left is the Pont Neuf and the Notre Dame and on the right, in the distance is the Eiffel Tower. Yes, it kept raining but I got back before it really started.
Quick travel note: Don't use statues, especially those of nobles on horseback, as direction markers. They're everywhere!
Today, I  am starting slowly. Got a chance to talk to the kids on Skype last night (9 hours difference) and that was great.
Explore Paris Day One
Later

No comments:

Post a Comment