Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Leaving Sorrento Tomorrow

I have been in non-wifi world again, but have busy anyway. Sorry no photos today as I'm using my mini at a Pub up the street from my hotel. Got to get up early and try to avoid the pickpockets at the Napoli train station. I took the ferry to Sorrento when I arrived to miss them, but yesterday I went for a bus ride to Positano, Amalfi and then Solarno and decided to train back to Naples and on to Sorrento on the Circumvesuiana train, so of course they tried to hit me getting on to the little train. This Eastern European girl body blocks me on the way into the car and then stops right in front of me. DuH! she's a setup for someone to hit my pockets. Well, I just did a very un-American move - I pushed her out of the way and went to the back of the car and out of the way. She was able to get my side pocket zipper down but my move kept her partner from getting my phone. She did get caught by an American girl with her hand in her purse and she started yelling and shouting. Americans 2 - Pickpockets 0.
There will be so many photos to upload to this site when I get back, it could take until my next trip.
I'll be off to Messina in the Deep South and then back up to Rome.
More later
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment