Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Likely CA

Amazingly, I got on the road by 7AM. Had to find a place to fill the propane tank - a whole 7 gals of a 10 gal tank, then somewhere to relieve the aromatics of the coach. Hate to drive looking around for the 'dead skunk'. Found everything I needed in Grass Valley - just North of where I was staying. As I have said before - I will follow US 395 as best I can all the way to the Canadian border. This morning I choose to go on CA 49 through the Yuba Valleys until I was able to rejoin 395. This is because there is good scenery and few semis going up the grade to Truckee and then Reno to join the 395 North. Wanted to see some of Nevada City, but the main drag was closed off so they could paint the street markings.
Downieville was the first and last '49er town on the road and had a bit of a look around there.
Wanted to stop early to get out of the heat and hopefully see the Women's Scoccer semi Final with US v Germany - (They beat them soundly - GO US). Here's the sunset shot tonight from Likely.

There is a small pond here and the reflections were pretty good. Full moon tonight but lots of very dark clouds as well - rain tonight???
Early start tomorrow - I hope
Northward Ho!!

No comments:

Post a Comment