Sunday, June 14, 2015

Getting ready

Have you ever gotten ready for a travel trip?
Are you one who plans for weeks, writes lists of everything from what to do while away, to packing, lists of what to get done before you leave,  and also when to do the things on the list? Or are you someone who decides to go to destination "A", makes a reservation, and goes with packing for the trip done the night before?

I have usually falling into the later group.

While I was working, I would find out about traveling either for a scout for a couple of days to a week maybe the day before (Usually the producers didn't know if I would be going because of budget.) Or when we would go on location for three to four months, I had a week or so notice but I was working as well for 12+ hours a day so I still packed the night before.
I find myself now a days sort of blending my packing 'style', if you will, between the two. If I don't make a few lists, I will forget things. (You know - if my head wasn't attached...) I still wait until the last moments for many things out of habit - or is it that I keep thinking of things to do?

The MoHo is mostly ready, packed with all the food stuffs that don't need refrigeration, sheets cleaned, laundry being done as I write and cameras all packed. (Even as I write I am wondering if I have done some things I think I did. It never stops, does it?)

Make a comment about what kind of traveler you are. I'll do a short survey.
Leaving on Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment