Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Expedition

I have made the decision to go on an expedition this summer to see as much of Europe as possible. I know that sounds a little absurd or bombastic, but I have a unique opportunity before me. My eldest daughter will be between abodes and she and family will be able to move into my house and I'll be able to leave for parts East.
Not wanting to be caught in the throes of vacation/holiday madness during the summers months I have followed a suggestion and looked for a cruise. I hear the scoffs already, but this is not an ordinary cruise. I'm going back to college - in a way. It's call "Semester at Sea"  http://www.semesteratsea.org/voyages/summer-2014/calendar/
I'll start and stop in Southampton, Golly 'ld, in June and return in late August. (That should occupy most of those pesky tourist.) It has several stops during that period of time to allow me to visit and photograph many places.
This also allows me to 'audit' a course and partake of some higher learning. I have looked at the syllabus of a few courses and all I can say is that I'm glad I won't be depending on a grade.
Anyway - more on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment