Wednesday, March 5, 2014

New Adventure Begins

Well it's not the adventures I've had with my kids when I call it exploring and and they say, "So, we're lost, right Dad?" No, Not this one!!
I headed East today and arrived in Joshua Trees Park. As I drove up to the entrance I saw that it was $15/ vehicle. BUT further done was a Senior ALL parks pass for $10. It's a Life time pass for citizens over 62 for all most every Park in the US. Not a bad deal. Got me one!
I arrived here about 2pm and my goal was to find some good shots of the trees and try some night shots, maybe the light pollution wouldn't be so bad that I might see a lot of the Milky Way. Yeah!!
Got some interesting shots (can't upload them here - Damned G+) but later as soon as I can. Went to the Keys Outlook and looked over the Valley towards Palm Springs, Indio, etc. down to the Sulton Sea. Great view. Good sunset, but I could see the the sunset at the beach would be spectacular! (Timing is everything).
No star shots tonight - too many clouds - but I got something even better for tonight. Big Horn Sheep!! There were about 12 of them just off the parking lot at the lookout and they were just checking the place out - eating - and moving on. Snap!!
Heading into 29 Palms to get a room and food - a young bobcat? cougar? crossed the road. About 2 foot long and just loping along.
Great start to the trip.
29 Palms is another topic all together but best just "move along - nothing to see here!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment