Friday, July 18, 2014

Voss Norway

I am in the Hotel Fleisher in Voss, the only building the Nazis didn't bomb during the war and that several kings and dignitaries have stayed at over the years and let me just say - they didn't stay in my room, though the mattress looks as though they may have. It's not too bad. It is an older hotel and the rooms need a redo. The food at dinner was very good and that counts for just as much.
It is 8:30 or 20:30 hours here and about time to close the black out drapes and try to get some sleep as we leave here tomorrow for more fjords and on into Oslo and the ship tomorrow night. The country is dramatic and so beautiful with the clouds hugging the mountains and as you know - I love clouds. I have lots of shots but I have just time to download them to the hard drive and get the sd card ready for tomorrow. let me see if I have any shots from earlier that I can share.

This is our ship the MV Explorer at dock in Bergen, Norway.

Have I shared this one yet?
This is a Scotty tossing the cabor at the local Highland Games in Loch Loman. Everyone will say "arrgh" or simply WTF. He's got to throw that hunk of lumber straight and if it rotates end over end the better, but it has to land as close to 12 o'clock as possible.
Night all and guys just take a deep breath.


No comments:

Post a Comment